Saturday, April 27, 2013

Young Love

      Let's talk about young love, shall we?
Today I was walking with my friend Bekah at the Commons.
As we passed by this fourteen year-old girl and her (perhaps) fifteen year-old boyfriend, they shared the most short 'passionate' kiss I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. 
     Love, right?
The girl pulled away.
"But you can't cheat! Okay?! That's not how this works!"

First Impression is lying dead, on the ground, in a state of eternal shock. 

    Obviously, most of us don't believe in young love being that young, but has society fallen so much that you now have to inform your other half that it's not okay to cheat?
I don't put much merit in those relationships, honestly, but that's really disturbing. Good grief.
    "Kids these days. So desensitized by movies and television." -The Grinch
    And then we have another side.
Those kids who get married at 18. I know at least three different couples getting married that young. And I think it's great.
    People need to understand something: they're not throwing away their lives. They're choosing a life that they want. To them, careers aren't the big picture. Together, these three couples strengthen each other better than if they were apart.
"They're twitterpated!"
   
  If you believe in love, then don't go judging someone for acting on it.
I say if you think you'd be of more use to the world as a team and can afford to live together comfortable and have a strong foundation in Christ, go for it.
   Obviously people will use very good arguments against getting married young: no experience, no maturity, no spiritual maturity, financial stability, etc. And I strongly agree with those--to a point.
But when those aren't an issue, arguments are invalid and "forever hold your peace" becomes an actual thing.
    I personally can't see myself getting married for a very long time.
I don't trust my own maturity (which I hope will change in about, oh, ten years.)
But some people are just ready. And I look forward to seeing their successes. :)
    To all the fourteen year-olds, though: please don't kiss at the Commons anymore.

Sincerely,
The Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment