Sunday, April 28, 2013

I'm Ready For Freedom

    I visited a friend today, because God gave me the strongest urge to speak with her.
And we shared our feelings and thoughts about God. I so appreciate having friends that care and are real and honest and good--even though they're honesty is about how they aren't good or not okay.
That's kinda what friendship is for: Iron sharpens iron.
    While we were talking, we ended up in front of the laptop, looking up songs with great, truthful lyrics. One song in particular was on my mind, but all I could remember from the lyrics was "chains".
Well.
That narrows it down a bit, especially for music with Christian beliefs, right?
     But thanks to Air1.com, I found it.
It's "Freedom" by Run Kid Run. And I just felt the need to share it with you all.

Freedom by Run Kid Run (YouTube video)

Oh my chains, I can't disengage
I don't believe that I want to
One hand sings Your praise
The other brings me shame
I have selfishness to blame

And I'm singing for freedom
I know I'm not the only one praying to the One
Who can bring me this freedom
I'm ready for change

Looking down I lay
I keep holding my chains
No longer bound but here I stay
I scream, Father please, I need rescuing
I need You and You alone

And I'm singing for freedom
I know I'm not the only one praying to the One
Who can bring me this freedom
I'm ready for, I'm ready for

Still You patiently await
Yet I won't just let go
I see You and You alone
Say come, follow me
Despair has come so You can't see, release

So I'm singing for freedom
So I'm singing for freedom

The time has come, separation lost the war to love
Take my hand, grace is found, yeah where Your words begin
You're alive, You're alive, in the waking of new life
Take my hand, in the end there's only love, there's only love

There's only singing for freedom
I know I'm not the only one praying to the One
Who can bring me this freedom
I'm ready for, I'm ready for
Father please, I need rescuing
I need You and You alone

     What truth!
I want the freedom that comes with Christ. And I want you to want it too! There's nothing like it. It sets us free from the monsters that attack while we're lying in our beds, and when we're worrying about the future.
His freedom calms me when I experience loneliness. He frees me from all things.
    No more do I need to be a slave to anxiety.
He's broken the chains. I can trust His path, even though I had thought-out plans and dreams, because we can trust His sovereignty. And even if my faith grows weak, He will strengthen me, for He is good and His love endures throughout all things.
    After all, this is His story.
Therefore, He deserves the applause and the center of the stage. And I'm honored that He wrote me into the script.
    Tonight, I'll go to bed with a smile on my face, and maybe even tears of joy, because I am no longer a slave to my anxiety or fear. Thank You, LORD!
    It's crazy to think that no matter what I do, God couldn't love me more, or less.

There's only love.

No comments:

Post a Comment