Thursday, July 11, 2013

Um...yeah, EWW, sweat's gross...right?

  Today, after watching a couple motivational videos about these two guys whipping themselves into shape (in a six week period-challenge) and reading my bestie's status about forcing herself to change her diet, I decided I wanted a radical change.
     Sure, most people are hoping to lose weight, but I would honestly like to gain muscle and better my posture (as WELL as losing weight, of course), because I admire those who stand to their full height and walk with strong, purposeful strides.
    Reason?
I've been an over-weight kid for a while. Too often I just wouldn't listen to my body or head when I knew I had had enough to eat. And I like lying on my butt and watching television. Heck, I've become somewhat of a hermit because of my comfortable bed and I used to be the "extrovert" in a house of introverts!
    But my best friend Mikayla is getting married next month and I'm her maid of honor. And I know I'm going to look back at those pictures and I don't want to think "Oh man, that was the worst time for me." Nope. I want to be thinking "Oh, hey! That's when I took charge of my body and treated it like a temple instead of a couch potatoe!" [<----- Biblical reference, for those who might be slightly confused.]
    I love it when people say such things as "You've only got one body, so treat it well."
Now I realize that, and in my mind I'm thinking "Hey, you're too miserable and occupied with this thing that shouldn't be in your thoughts so much. Take it away, and your focus would be free and ready for other things and people."
   "If you fail one day, don't stop. Refocus for each day." Also, don't keep putting things off. Otherwise, you'll have only seven weeks till your best friend's wedding and you'll want to scream. ;)

Hey, even if I don't look that great come the wedding, at least I'll feel stronger and perhaps have started a habit that I'll find difficult to get out of. My goal is to exercise every day for 30 minutes (except on Sundays I may just take a quiet, leisurely walk), get into a terrible sweat (by terrible, I mean supercalifragilisticexpialidosious), and just enjoy the strength in my limbs. Here's day 1 of 52 days (the 52nd being the wedding date):


    Check out that sweat! Can I just say that the photo really doesn't quite capture all the sweat and I tried so hard to make it do so. At least my arms and legs can attest to the hard work I put in!
Oh, and I'll probably give an update every week, not every day. No one wants to see THAT much sweat. Um...yeah, EWW, sweat's gross...right?
Honestly, *sigh* am I weird for enjoying it? Add that to another one of my eccentricities.

    Notice I'm also posting this with the possibility that many people could potentially see it. I doubt that there are really that many of you who read my blog (which is completely fine), but it's still something that I'm stepping out on--a chance to be vulnerable in my strengthening "journey", if you will. Plus, I'm sure if I someday gave you the numbers and the successes, you'd cheer, because those are the sorts of people I have in my life.

They love to see anyone (even an extrovert who loves her bed too much) be victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment